- MGMT 570 - Week 2 - Homework - LSI Conflict Paper.docx
MGMT 570 Week 2 Homework LSI Conflict Paper
Homework LSI Online Link
Begin working on your LSI Conflict Styles Inventory. Use the link below to access the Life Styles Inventory (LSI) exercise. Review the LSI Conflict Paper Guidelines instructions in Doc Sharing to structure your written report. Also, review the LSI slides in Doc Sharing to assist in understanding and interpreting the circumplex.
LSI Conflict Styles Inventory
Complete the LSI conflict styles inventory from the following link. At the end of the online survey, the website calculates your score and provides a circumplex you can print to complete the assignment.
File your LSI conflict styles inventory and paper in the Dropbox for this week. Don’t forget a copy of your circumplex.
MGMT570 LSI Conflict Paper
As you review the LSI conflict self-development guide, we are reminded of how pervasive conflict is in our everyday lives. No one is immune from conflict. Yet, how conflict affects each of us is determined by both the situation and how we cope; conflict can be both a help and a hindrance: it can lead us to more creative and productive relationships, or it can destroy our relationships. Whether conflict impacts us positively or negatively depends in large measure on how constructively we deal with it.
To this end, the LSI conflict exercise is a tool designed to help you learn to deal more constructively with the conflict situations in your life. More specifically, the instrument and self-development guide will help you identify and understand how your thinking patterns and coping behavior influence your ability to deal with conflict situations. In addition, you’ll discover how your thoughts and behaviors help or block constructive conflict solutions and learn how to approach conflict situations more effectively. The paper should not exceed six pages in length, excluding the LSI circumplex that should be attached to the paper. (110 points total)
Your assignment is to complete the Life Styles Conflict Inventory by addressing the following points.
1. Describe your personal conflict styles. Focus on your dominant and weakest styles (include a copy of your circumplex). (40 points)
2. Assess the impact of your styles on your effectiveness. Which of your styles are working for you in accomplishing your goals, and which styles are working against you? Provide specific examples. (30 points)
3. Identify a conflict style for change, and briefly define an action plan to implement the change. Consider the steps defined in the self-improvement planner on pp. 16–18 in the self-development guide to help you in this process. (30 points)
4. Conclude by providing a brief reflective statement regarding this exercise. (10 points)
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
A B C D F
Enter the code in the box below: